Does the infini help with acne?

I've been debating between fraxel dual and infini for my acne scarring a big concern for me has been flaring up from the treatment. A past fraxel I had did give me a slight breakout but I heard infini helps with acne and oil is this true? My acne is under control with retin a micro but I am still acne prone and breakout when I stopped using it for the fraxel last year

Getting Acne & Scarring Under Control with lasers and microneedling/prp

I usually recommend a combination approach of lasers and microneedling/prp for treatment of acne scarring. I recommend Intensif rather than Infini, because it gives better results. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist that can give you a treatment plan for both active acne and scarring.  Fraxel 1550 is better than the 1927 for scars.  Best, Dr. Emer

Does Infini help with acne

Infini does help with acne and certainly with acne scarring. It can shrink the size of the sebaceous glands which secrete oil and cause acne. Sometimes patients flair after having Infini and needs either topical or oral treatment. Sebaceous glands tend to grow back so it's not a permanent solution but a long term solution. The Infini's insulated needles are key to improve its safety over noninsulated needles such as Intensif. Energy delivered to tissues has be limited with non-protected needles and therefore results will be compromised. There are multiple before and after results with the Infini treating acne scarring. Are there with Intensif?

Steven F. Weiner, MD