What most newest and safest implants today? (photos)
Doctor Answers 9
Sientra shaped cohesive silicone breast implants
Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be an excellent candidate for the new Sientra shaped cohesive silicone gel breast implants. These will give you the most natural look and feel in my opinion. You'll need to be seen in person for an evaluation and undergo Vectra 3-D imaging to simulate your postoperative results.
Choices can be overwhelming without direction
- Brian M. Derby MD on behalf of James C. Grotting MD
What most newest and safest implants today?
You might also like...
Implants after fat grafts
1) The height of implant technology today is cohesive gel textured implants. In your particular case I would recommend shaped and dual plane dissection. As to size; I try to capture the patient's vision of what they want and augment accordingly. Always with respect for your anatomy so that the results look natural.
2) Healing is uncomfortable but can be significantly reduced by using Exparel; a long acting numbing agent.
3) Augmentations can be reversed or altered with additional surgery. Depending on a number of factors it if feasible you will return to your normal anatomy.
i hope this helps.
Silicone gel implants generally preferred and their patients.
Breast implants after fat transfer
- Just from the photos and your comments, I would suggest you start by considering either a Sientra round textured implant or shaped textured implant, size between 225 - 325.
- These can go over the muscle, there is little pain and recovery is in 3 - 5 days.
- All implants stretch the skin - if they are removed, you will probably need a small breast lift.
- But on-line advice is not the last word - you should make your final decision jointly with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon after measurement and discussions of the pros and cons of various implants and trying on different sizes.
- Best wishes.
Hope that helps and I would be happy to see you if you would like to discuss all your options in detail
Have a great day
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.