Could my iliohypogastric have been injured in Body Lift? (photo)

I’m 5 weeks post op body lift no muscle repair. I’ve got harsh numbness in my left thigh. Many times I think this is the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve, but then sometimes I also think it’s also the iliohypogastric nerve because when I palpitate right below my lateral iliac crest it it sends a “shocking” pain to my upper lateral thigh (which I think is where one branch of the nerve runs–the other being to the groin?). I think the area I'm palpitating is too far back to be the LFCN.

Diagnosing nerve injury after body lift

Thank you for asking about your body lift.

• You would need to be examined by your plastic surgeon to map out the area(s) of numbness and pain and identify the nerve branches affect. 
  • Swelling, skin stretching and sutures from surgery all can cause temporary numbness and dysesthesias (shocks and other odd feelings.)

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS