I wanted volume and I ended up with chiseled cheeks. Any suggestions?

i have natually high cheekbones and i went fro treatment with one sirynge of resty lyft to add volume. i ended up with even more chiseled cheekbones. i look like i lost weight all of a suddent. i dont like that look on me (what is with this chiseled look trend?) but i cant tell exactly where the filler is. can a single syringe of restylane lift do that?

Chiseled cheeks with Restylane Lyft?

Thank you for your question.  Restylane Lyft is a great product to augment the cheek and medial face area.  Often times, if you already have naturally high cheeks, placement is key to providing the desired result of volume restoration without giving an unnatural appearance to the cheek bones.  One way to soften chiseled cheek bones is to add filler just below this region to give a more rounded, but natural appearance.  Best wishes to you!

Cheek Contour

Restylane Lyft is an excellent product for cheek augmentation. It is a stiff product which can really highlight the cheekbone and produce an angular result. I would go back to your MD and discuss with them your concerns. It is possible that removing the product with Vitrase will be the best option or additional filler placed beneath the cheekbone may soften your result and create a rounder, fuller looking cheek. Pictures would be helpful to  provide you with a more specific answer.
Best of Luck
DrG

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

Filler

If you have thin lower mid cheek areas and you have very strong cheekbones, then it is possible to look more angulated.  A softer look, may have been filling in the depression below the cheek bones. Hard to say without an exam.

Restylane Lyft and Volume to Cheeks NYC

Restylane Lyft is a good product but depending where the product was placed you may not like the results.  Without a photo it is difficult to comment.  I would return to your treating physician for Vitrase to dissolve the product and consider Voluma by an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

What can 1 syringe do?

Thank you for your question. If you are young and relatively thin, then yes - a single syringe of Lyft can give you more of a chiseled look. But, this depends on where it was placed. It sounds like it may have been needed more medially - or closure to the center of your cheek, rather than on the cheekbone itself - to give you the volume that you were looking for. You should be able to slightly feel the product under the skin / on the bone. Regardless, if you are truly unhappy, either more filler can be injected around the area to help fill things out, or if can easily be dissolved with little downtime. Best of luck!