I suspect PS injected me with fake Voluma, who do i report him to?

my ps surgeon ruined my face with voluma. after way too many hyaluronidase injections, (15-16) at least 50%of voluma is still there and it left my face asymmetrical & lumpy. mri could only rule out silicone. seems like this guy has unlimited supply of syringes expired in 2012 which he uses for demos. seems too wasteful to be real. who do i report him to if i suspect fake voluma? i spent 7 k on trying to fix this & dr refuses to refund cost of original treatment.

Doctor Answers 4

I suspect PS injected me with fake Voluma, who do I report him to?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your continued Voluma/Hyaluronidase issues.  If you are seeking information on your injector and would like to report a grievance your best bet is with the state medical board of NY.  They will be able to listen to your full account of treatment and determine whether an investigation needs to be performed.  Best wishes.

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 65 reviews

Fake Voluma injected into me?

Issues with physicians would need to be taken up with the state medical board that you are in. I'm assuming that he is a licensed physician..... I'm sorry for your situation, and I wish you the best. "This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD
Las Vegas Dermatologist
4.6 out of 5 stars 17 reviews


Thank you for your question. You should be able to request medical records of your procedure. There are plenty of resources, including local and state options, for addressing any concerns you may have about the validity of your surgeon. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 117 reviews

Report to State Medical Board

I am so sorry to hear about your experience. Yes, if you suspect your surgeon of not being above board then I would suggest that you contact your state medical board and file a complaint. Hope this helps.


Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.