I need help with my stretch marks. What's my best option? (Photo)

Hello there, I am a 23 year old male and I am looking to get some advice for my ugly stretch marks. I got them from a sudden weight gain due to a medical condition and I have them for almost 2 years now. I have used creams like Mederma and Cocoa Butter but they dont seem to work. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

Doctor Answers 3

Stretch mark treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Unfortunately, stretch marks are hard to treat. The available options include: Infini, microneedling, PRP, laser resurfacing. Multiple treatments in the norm and incomplete resolution is best you can hope for. 

Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 70 reviews

Stretch marks treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question.  Although treating stretch marks can be challenging, one good option is microneedling.  It has very little down time compared to lasers and is cheaper.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS
Dallas Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

Stretch Marks -- Microneedling/PRP, Laser, Skin Care/Peels, Sculptra Injections

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
For stretch marks, I suggest a combination approach with microneedling/PRP, skin care, peels and lasers. Sculptra can fill out indentations. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 204 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.