I received 12 units of Botox for my frown line and didn't like the results. How long it will wearing off completely?

This is my first time Botox, I noticed it wearing off 1/3 after 6 weeks It made my eyelids look different that's why I don't like it.

Botox generally wears off in about 3-4 months.

Botox generally wears off in about 3-4 months. Unfortunately there is no way to speed the process up, so you’ll just have to be patient. It would be helpful to know why you don't like the results. If your brows are uneven heights, that can be fixed with a touch up. If, however, you simply don't like the results or if it feels to heavy, a tincture of time is the remedy. Always make sure to see a board-certified dermatologist with experience injecting Botox in order to get the best results.

Washington DC Dermatologic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. It will take about 3-4 months for the Botox to wear off. I would recommend speaking to your physician injector about your concerns. 

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox for Frown Lines

It typically takes 3 months or more for the Botox to wear off.  I would return to your treating physician to discuss what you didn't like about your Botox injections.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox typically wears off in 3-4 months

One of the benefits of Botox is that it is not permanent. Any result that you don't love will wear off in 3-4 months. The muscles don't wake up like a light switch, but gradually they can pull more and more. Currently there is no treatment to reverse Botox. It's a waiting game.

In the meantime, return to the person who performed your injection. Tell them exactly what you like and don't like about the result, so they can tailor the next injection for a better outcome.

A safe and conservative approach is best. Seek out a well-trained doctor who will do an appropriate analysis and takes the time to review all of the risks and benefits with you.

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Results

Botox results last anywhere from 3 to 4 months. I'd recommend booking a follow-up appointment with your skilled and qualified injector to voice your concerns.

Take care.

How long does it take for Botox to wear off?

It will take about 3-4 months for the Botox to wear off.  If you are unhappy with the results, just know it is not permanent and you will return to your original state.  You should let your injector know you are not pleased with your results.

Elena Vega, DO
New York General Surgeon

Botox for frown line

12 units is a very small dose and don't expect that you got the full results for the area treated. It will take about 3-4 months for the Botox to subside with that dosing.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox

Botox will often take about 4 months to wear off. It may take a bit longer in some patients. Good luck.

Doesnt like Botox results

12 units for the glabella is a very small amount and it sounds like you are having some lid ptosis.  make sure3 you are seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist