What's the max BMI I would be allowed to have to get either a tummy tuck or BBL? Being 25 years old and 5'3" (Photo)

Okay, so I've had two pregnancies, 25 years & I'm dedicated with my health & body more than ever now. Only problem is my mommy pouch won't leave and it's very frustrating. I know the only way to correct diastasis is through surgery. I would love for my muscles to be put back together so I can finally see the results of working hard at the gym. My Bmi right now is not looking good, but I would love to get things done. I've already lost 15 pounds, but my goal is to lose 20 more. Want it in 2017

Mommy Make Over

We generally don't focus on the BMI, but take everything into consideration including general health and what is being done. You current size does not prohibit you from going to the OR, but any additional weight you can lose will ultimately give you a better result. A tummy tuck plus BBL should look great for you.

Tummy tuck or BBL

I do not perform these at the same time due to risks and healing problems. The order depends upon your abdominal exam and how large a fat graft you desire.I use  Vaser ultrasound liposuction of the full abdomen, flanks and back with fat grafting of the buttocks. This can be before or after tummy tuck which will flatten your diastasis. Neither procedure will address internal fat bulging which can only be reduced through diet and exercise.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations. 

BMI for TT

Congratulations on the weight loss efforts. You sound extremely motivated and that's wonderful. The BMI cutoff is 30. Planning for surgery in 2017 is wise. It is best to reach and maintain your desired weight for six months prior to surgery.  In the meantime, see a board certified plastic surgeon with significant experience in abdominoplasty to discuss a surgical plan.Best wishes,Dr KraftYale Educated, Board Certfiied Plastic Surgeon

Excellent question

Thank you for your inquiry. You would be great for a shorter incision abdominoplasty but it is important that you see someone with at least 15 years of experience who can confidently explain everything to you. Hope this helps.Leland Deane MD FACSNew York, Garden City, Babylon

Leland Deane, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and BBL

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss so far and keep up the hard work.  Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  You could also have a BBL performed.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

The right BMI

If your weight is stable and you are not planning on losing more it might be reasonable to have your tummy tuck at this time. Discuss the risks associated with your weight and the procedure with your board certified plastic surgeon. 

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tummy tuck and BMI

Congratulations on deciding to dedicate yourself to your health and body! We typically recommend patients are at a BMI less then 30 in order to proceed with a tummy tuck. The results tend to be better when a patient is below this BMI and at a stable weight. Good luck!

John S. Lee, MD

Size

As long as you are healthy, a tummy tuck can be done at your size. If you are planning to loose weight, do that first.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

BMI for surgery

Thank you for your question and photographs.Congratulations on becoming a mother of two and on your recent weight-loss. I recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less to have the best and safest results. I would continue to lose the weight until you are in a healthy BMI range and your doctor clears you for surgery. It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon