Which procedures would add symmetry and softness to my face? (photos)

When I smile, one side of my face looks different than the other. Also, one side of my face is more defined than the other. I can't quite understand it. Would love professional feedback on any surgical or filler/botox techniques to even these contours out.

Facial fullness and symmetry

Thank you for your question and photograph. You are experiencing a very common phenomenon called volume loss and aging. This is easily correction with dermal filler when you find an experienced physician. If you came to my practice I would have suggested restoring your midafce (around the cheeks) volume first, see the correction it will give me, and then consider adding some volume under your eyes for support and to eliminate those dark tear trough lines you have. I would use Restylane Lyft for your mid face and Restylane Silk for your under eyes, which I place using a blunt needle called, cannula. This means you will pretty much have no bruising. I would also perform this procedure on a Friday, to allow the next day swelling to happen when you are not at work.  Please find a highly skilled professional to achieve the look your are looking for. Please do not strive for symmetry as no one  is 100% symmetric. We can always try to correct it, but it cannot be 100% the same. Your left side has more volume loss most likely because you sleep on your left side of the face and not because there is something wrong :). Hope this helps. Best, Dr.Avaliani

New York Physician

Fillers for Symmetry & Softness

Dear goingforward123:

With aging comes volume loss and facial asymmetry is not uncommon.  Hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm in your mid and lower face would help to balance and soften your facial asymmetry.  Please consult an expert injector for best results.  All the best.

Praven Chetty, MD
Kelowna Physician

Asymmetry and Volume Loss

You have very nice facial structure and the key would be to replace some subtle volume loss with Voluma around the cheeks and Restylane Lyft or Juvederm to the lower part of the face and jowls.  You need very little Botox in the forehead. Please consult an expert in cosmetic dermatology because this is both an art and a science.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD