I am interested in customized implants and was wondering how they work. Are there any doctors that do such customized implants.

near NYC. How do these differ from regular implants? Would these require a higher skill level to work with? Please link/explain any information, pros, cons, important points to note that you think might help mw find a doctor and decide on

Breast implants for you

Breast implant manufacturers provide a variety of shapes, sizes and textures, and it is up to you and your surgeon to choose which combination of these traits would be most suitable for you. There are literally thousands of combinations. This is based on the professional expertise of your board certified plastic surgeon, your expectations and your unique physiology. There are so, so many combinations that you are sure to find the right one for you.

Customize implants

As far as I know, there are no customized breast implants available in the US. The good thing is that there are many options for  different implants in the US.  

Custom implants

Hello and thank you for your question. There are many different types of implants, shapes, sizes, textures, etc which  I use. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified expert surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Custom Implants

You did not say what location of the custom implants, face or body? You would need to clarify that and proviude pictures to be helpful.

Need more info

Why do you need customized implants? Also what kind of implants. You need an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your issues.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Custom Implants

The three major companies which provide breast implants have a wide array of shapes and sizes which are suitable to any type of patient, thus there really isn't much of a need for a custom implant.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Custom implants

Polytech, a German company, labels implants as custom. However, in actuality, for breast implants, there are specified sizes. The customization may be applicable to body parts such as testicles and others enumerated on the website.  Interestingly, I saw no reference to FDA approval. Implants made by Allergan and Mentor, the two largest players in the US market, are accompanied by extensive clinical experience, excellent warranty programs, and customer service.  I see no reason for these purportedly custom implants to be difficult to work with or requiring any more expertise. As I said, I don't think they are custom at all. Find a board certified plastic surgeon with whom you are comfortable and who can discuss augmentation with you in specifics. Best wishes!