I have heard about Permalip and wanted to know if there was another solution to having permanently enlarged lips? (Photo)

Lip Implants

Hi Christinski87

Many thanks for your post and photo.

You may benefit from fat transfer, although this is unpredictable as fat is quite unstable. You would need to see a very experienced surgeon in this area to get their take on what can be achieved.

Permalip is a great option though and we have had many happy clients with this option. Permalip™ are revolutionary lip implants that are designed to look and feel natural, yet enhance your lip volume to your desired size. It does not deflate, degrade or rupture over time. Although it’s permanent, it is designed for the ease of placement if a patient wishes to achieve a larger or smaller enhancement or even return to the lips original appearance. It does not limit lip movement and provides a natural look.

All the best

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

I do not think permanent lip augmentation is the best idea.  Fat injections may be the most "safe" and natural.  Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Permanently enlarged lips

Dear Christinski87:

I honestly would advise against doing anything to enlarge the lips permanently. If you think about this, preferences and styles change over time, as does your facial structure. Something that looks just the way you want it now may not be what you want 20 or 30 years from now. In addition, permanent implants and fillers have been fraught with complications, and how do you change something that you don't like if it's permanent?  This advice comes from the heart; I would tell you the same thing if you were my sister.

While Beletero and Juvéderm ultra are my favorite sellers for the lips, I have on occasion used Juvéderm ultra plus for more longevity. You need to be willing to accept some swelling for a few days to a week or two, however, if you are going to take this route.

All the best, Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Permanent Lip Augmentation

I would recommend conservative lip augmentation with Hyaluronic Acid, like Juvederm plus to see if you like the look. If you are happy with your appearance, Another more permanent option is fat transfer. It is done under local anesthesia and fat is usually taken from the lower abdomen or thighs. Studies show that at least 1/2 of transferred fat last forever. In my opinion, it is the most natural solution, as the other "permanent" options look fake, and can create problems. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Lip implants

christinski87, there is no safe permanent way to enlarge the lips in my opinion. The implants all carry too much risk of post op stiffening and fat injections are not reliable. I do implant Alloderm which gives a longer lasting enhancement with little risk but that lasts on average about 3-5 years. Otherwise fillers are the best avaiable. As always see an experienced surgeon who specializes in only faces. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Perm

I really do not think it is a good idea to have your lips permanently enlarged.  This was a more common practice years ago and it was full of complications.  As you age the shape of your lips and your face will change and the results may not look cosmetically elegant as you age.  I would consider Juvederm since the results will last a year.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Permlip

Not sure I understand your question. If you are referring to something not permanent, the you should consider Juverderm Ultra plus.  This will last about 8 months or longer but is not permanent.  Not sure if this helps.
Dr Vasisht
South Shore Plastic Surgery

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon