I have under eye bags and it bothers me. What's the best way to get rid of them? (Photo)

Lower lid bags

You have some prolapsed lower lid fat.  If you don't want surgery, some HA filler such as Restylane will add volume below the fat and make it appear smooth.  SHould last at least a year.  The other option is lower lid blepharoplasty with fat repositioning.  

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers may help

Thanks for the great question. Dealing with under eye issues can be frustrating for the patient. With all of the hyaluronic acid fillers available nowadays, many people are able to have a dramatic improvement in the appearance of their eyes with a single treatment. Because both surgical and non-surgical treatment or the under eye area can be tricky, it is very important that you see a practitioner who has experience dealing with this area. In my opinion, you might benefit from having some filler placed in your tear troughs to help conceal the bags you don't like. I hope this helps and best of luck in your area!

Eyelid Surgery

Thank you for your question. Eyelid surgery is the most effective way to remove under-eye bags, however, there are other options to reduce the appearance of under-eye bags, although these solutions only partly address the symptom and do not solve for the cause. I suggest that you consult with a single or board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon