I hate my ugly breasts, if I had a breast enhancement surgery will my gap between them be even more obvious? (Photo)

I would like to know if having surgery would have my breasts look pointy and if the gap between them would be more obvious. I hate the way they look, i think i am a freak.

Breast enhancement surgery effect on gap between breasts

Thank you for the question and photo. Your breasts do not look ugly. You have normal nicely shaped breasts. 

You are a great candidate for breast augmentation with implants and this will make the gap between your breasts smaller. 

Please seek a board certified plastic surgeon in your area so you can have a detailed discussion and plan to pick the ideal implants for you. 

Good luck!

Dr. Khuthaila 

Your breasts

First of all you need to get over the fact that you think your breasts are ugly -- they are 100% normal . If you want them enlarged, then implants are the way to go. But you need to understand that implants only enlarge what you have. Make sure the doctor that examines you shows you photos of other breasts so you realize that nothing is wrong with yours. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

You are being too self- critical

I think you have very nice and normal- looking breasts.  I am not sure why you think you are a freak.  Most of the patients I see for breast enhancement surgery don't have as nice and normal looking breasts as you do.  If all my breast augmentation candidates looked as good as you do before surgery, it would make my job a lot easier and make me look so much better as their surgeon because it would be much easier for me to make them look really good if they already looked pretty good to begin with.  If you take a look at my website breast augmentation photo gallery (use the link below), you will see what some really "freaky" breasts can look like prior to surgery.  Yours don't even come close to that.  I actually think you don't need any breast enhancement surgery at all so feel blessed.  You can spend your money for more important things in life.  Best wishes.

Breast augmentation

Implants are a great way to go to enhance your breast size. In some ways you are limited by your anatomy in what you can expect as a result. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Need to realize you look great

You have some minor breast asymmetry and breasts that many woman would love to have. I am not sure you are  being realistic. Look at the web and educate yourself please. Breast implants can close the gap a bit but not completely. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation?

Based on the one picture, your breasts are aesthetically pleasing and relatively symmetrical. The gap between the breasts and the "pointy" look can be improved with a breast augmentation. Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes!

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

I hate my ugly breasts...

Frankly, I am somewhat confused given that your photograph demonstrates aesthetically pleasing breasts; your description of them seems unwarranted (they are in no way "ugly" or "freakish").  Although definitive advice would require in-person evaluation, I wonder if you would benefit from professional (body image) counseling  before contemplating plastic surgical intervention.   Best wishes.

You have ideal breasts

Honestly, your breasts are beautiful. A high percentage of my patients seek me out to remove their implants after the implants have damaged/deformed their breasts. Your shape and size is very coveted among implant removal and lift for women that are very athletic that have found their implants too heavy and painful for their active lifestyle. Breast implants may make the gap between your breasts more obvious. This can be minimized with fat grafts in the cleavage. Please choose a small implant to minimize your risk and complications associated with large implants (>350cc). 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Considering breast augmentation

You are not a freak and your breasts are within the realm of normal. Breast augmentation should provide more cleavage for you and reduce the size of the gap between your breasts. Best bet is to obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you in order to be examined and options reviewed.

Gap between breasts after augmentation

Thank you for your question and photo.  The breast has a foot print on the chest wall, where the breast is physically connected to the chest.  Some women have a wider foot print or gap and some women have one that is more narrow.  The implant needs to be centered under the nipple and often it is not possible to narrow the cleavage between the breasts significantly.  The natural gap between your breasts is very normal, not excessively large.  An implant will make it appear a bit tighter, but this should only be done if you desire larger breasts. 

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon