I am currently looking to have fat removed from my back, abdominal area, arms, and inner thighs. (photos)

would like to know how long it would take to heal... also the price... and if there's any long term side effects... I am 5'8" and about 235lbs...

Liposuction - cost and results

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Liposuction can change body proportions but let me explain a little about it.
  • There is a limit to how much can be safely done - so you may need two sessions of liposuction.
  • There is not fixed price - you need to find your best local plastic surgeon and have a consultation.
  • The most common side-effect is disappointment - because if you do not lose 10 pounds after liposuction, you eat back the fat and it shows up in new areas.
  • If you gain weight, the fat can return to the treated area.
  • Your height and weight show that you have a BMI of 35.7.
  • Ideally for your health you would lose some weight because too much weight will in time give you serious medical conditions such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
  • But if you need something to motivate you to get fitter, liposuction can be a big help, provided you really do carry through afterwards with your fitness plan.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

FAT REMOVAL THROUGH LIPO

The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with.Liposuction is a body contouring procedure and not a weight loss method. Fees are dependent on the length of the procedure. There are no long term adverse side effects. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

I am currently looking to have fat removed from my back, abdominal area, arms, and inner thighs.

Fat removal from those areas may be appropriate, but I would need to see better photos to confirm this.

Liposuction?

You would need to be seen in person, but liposuction may help reduce the areas for you. Best of luck.

Hi-

It's a bit difficult to see from your photos but the cost will depend on how much is removed. The recovery is very quick and patients can usually return to work in about 5 days. Liposuction is a very high satisfaction procedure-  hopefully this is helpful. Good Luck! 

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Liposuction and elevated BMI

You may find that a rapid weight reduction using the hCG Diet Protocol will contour your body better to start than trying to use liposuction which can only remove about 5 quarts of fatty tissue at a time. (Patients on avaerage lose about 25# in 6 weeks from storage fat areas like abdomen, thighs and and back). Then you can reassess for any areas that are stubborn and save a lot of time, money, and risk and be more satisfied with the result.  Find a doctor that supervises the hCG Diet in your area and get a consultation.  Best of luck!

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

Liposuction is a body contouring procedure and not a weight loss method. Fees are dependent on the length of the procedure. There are no long term adverse side effects.

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD