I had fat graft in my chin 6 days ago from my belly fat. I feel that my chin is hard

I had fat graft in my chin 6days ago from my belly fat, i feel that my chin is hard and there is a little lump in my chin, is it normal? How much time it will take to go away and if not what should i do?

Fat Graft

Thank you for posting your question. On average, half of the transferred fat would be reabsorbed. The hardness you feel is likely due to swelling and the fat. After any procedure, it takes months for the body to readjust and reshape itself. Do not hesitate, however, to contact your physician to address any question or discomfort. Best of luck.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Grafting Facts

Please speak to your physician or the person who performed your procedure, this is a very delicate time after the fat injection.  They will know what is best for your care.  Post fat grafting you will swell for a long time and PRP injections will help maintain the outcomes. Dr. Emer.

Fat grafting to chin

Any immediate issues developing from your recent surgery should be addressed by your surgeon.  The firmness is likely due to swelling from the procedure.

Completely normal

Any volumising procedure will feel hard in the early phases. With fat, this hardness will persist until the fat that is going to survive does so, and the rest melts away. 

The can take 4-6 weeks in total from surgery. 

The advantage that fat has is that once established, it is the most natural filler available and will deform to occupy the space it is in giving you the chin contour correction you are after.

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin