I am looking to get some facial work done. Any suggestions? (photos)

to get a stronger jawline, possibly better cheekbones, reduced fat, and just a better looking overall face. I am low bodyfat but have a stubborn double chin and a fairly weak jaw. I am considering jawline augmentation, kybella, but I am open to other options. Want to stay around $5k for now. Take a look at my profile and see what could be done.

Kybella Candidate

From the photos it appears that you would be a great candidate for Kybella.  You might benefit in adding a small amount of Juvederm to the jaw line as well.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella Candidate

Thanks for your question and pictures.  You look like a great candidate for Kybella.  I would recommend contacting a board certified plastic surgeon to get your procedure done.

Steven Camp MD

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for the question and photos.  From the pictures you provided it looks like you would be a good candidate for Kybella.  You appear to have an isolated pocket of fat beneath your chin.  It also looks like you have a fairly strong jaw line, so a procedure like this would only help reinforce your bone structure.  I am not able to assess your midface (cheek bones) from the pictures provided.  There are a variety of options available to augment the midface as well, so an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would probably be your best bet.  

Double chin, jawline

Kybella can result in 10-15% reduction of fat similar to Coolshape. Younger  patients usually don't need skin tightening after fat reduction as the skin shrinks enough on its own.
Liposuction typically reduces 50% of fat in one session. RF treatments like Velashape and Thermitight plus Deoxycholic Acid the main ingredient of Kybella can result in somewhat more than 15% reduction in the amount of double chin fat with three to five sessions. Most non-invasive treatments are ineffective nor FDA approved for treatment of the jawline.
The most dramatic results in the neck are achieved with a laser/liposuction with Precision tx; results noticeable at ten days.
Patients should do the math (all these treatments cost nearly the same) and go for what is in their best interest and most reliable. No treatments are guaranteed; legitimate physicians should not promise results. Each option has the possiblity of side effects.
Please use this information when consulting in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. They will be most capable of advising what is best for you.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question, and the pictures.

Based on your pictures, you seem to be an excellent candidate for Kybella.  Your fullness is primarily localized to the submental region, and your skin would likely contract down very well with the loss of the submental fat.  You will likely need 2-3 treatments, spaced 4-6 weeks apart.  I recommend seeking out a provider in your area with Kybella injection experience to see if you are a candidate, and provide more individualized recommendations based on your in-person examination.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Kybella Benefits

Thank you for your question. Kybella would be a great minimally invasive option for you to help define your jawline (submental area). Kybella is an injectable product that can be used to help your body to rid itself of fat cells that form under the chin. Benefits of Kybella include:

FDA-approved for use on fat underneath the chin
Allows more control then coolsculpting over the treatment area
Minimally invasive
No downtime
Reduced fat underneath the chin
Better appearance
Youthful look
No surgery
No general anesthesia
Very rare and minimal side effects (typically bruising, pain, and redness at the injection points)

I recommend consulting with a qualified physician for a full consultation.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella for double chin

You would be a great candidate for Kybella to get rid of the stubborn submental fat pad. I see this frequently with physically fit males. You appear to have good skin tone so once the fat dissolves, the skin will contract to improve your profile. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

I agree that your  changes are mild and do not recommend sugery at present.  Have you considered Kybella?  This is a great product recently released to reduce fat below the chin without having to go through surgery, hence improving and rejuvenating the neck and the appearance of your profile.  I recommend this!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

I would consider the use of Radiesse for jawline augmentation before you look into surgery. I have seen great results with restructuring the jawline with this product. If you have submental fat (fat below the chin), Kybella may be considered to help with this area.

Dr. Ahdout

Kybella vs. Laserlipo

You would be a good candidate for Kybella to resolve extra volume directly under the chin.  A series of injections will be needed and can only treat fat under the chin and will not provide you with a stronger jawline.  Since you mentioned your jawline twice I would say that Laserlipo is a better option.  Laserlipo will also reduce fat and help to define the jaw area.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon