I am a candidate for an extended tummy tuck as well as a BBL; I would like to know which procedure should be done first?

I am 28 mother of two vertical c section for both current weight is 188 with a goal weight of 170 5'3 in height.

BBL

I prefer to perform the BBL first because it allow for harvesting of fat from he abdominal area that would be discarded with a tummy tuck.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

If you are in overall good health, and cleared for elective surgery by your PMD, the two procedures can be performed together.  Otherwise, if staging them, I would recommend that you start with BBL.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Find the right surgeon and let your surgeon help you decide which treatment is best for you

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.

without any pictures provided it is impossible to tell if you are a candidate.

It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck.

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.   Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

In a healthy individual, they can be performed at the same time.  If you do not have a hernia or contraindication to liposuction, the liposuction and BBL could be performed first.

BBL & TT

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical evaluation done to see if you are a good candidate for these procedures. Based on your cosmetic goals, I think you would benefit from a Brazilian butt lift once you have reached your goal weight. Then follow up with a tummy tuck once you are fully healed from your BBL. This will get rid of the excess skin you have from weightloss/liposuction. I generally stage these procedures simply because you will have to refrain from sitting/applying pressure on your buttocks for at least 3 weeks after a BBL which means you would need to sleep on your stomach, which may not be optimal when just having a tummy tuck. This reduces complications and provides for a more comfortable post-operative recovery. Best of luck!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

I would recommend an in person consultation to determine the order of the two surgeries.  But, in general, it might be better to have the BBL first so more fat is available for the fat transfer. Good luck. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

At our center, providing that you are in good health, we often perform a TT and a BBL at the same time. This allows for one surgery, one anesthesia, and one recuperation. 

George Lefkovits, MD

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
I recommend you to send your photos to us to give you the advices you want of what procedure perform first.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

I am a candidate for an extended tummy tuck as well as a BBL

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions.

This surgery is especially useful in women who have had multiple pregnacy, after which the skin and abdominal muscles have relaxed and have not recovered their initial tone.

Also you have to be vealuated in person by a Certified Plastic Surgeon. 

Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD