I had a breast lift/implants 10 weeks ago. Am I bottoming out/have a double bubble? (photos)

I had sagging, asymmetrical breasts that were perhaps a small c cup pre-surgery. In mid-Dec, I got a breast lift (lollipop) and 425 cc implants. Am I bottoming out, and/or do I have a double bubble? Are they still in the process "dropping and fluffing"? Or can you already tell I need revision surgery? I won't be seeing my PS again until 3 weeks from now.

Post-op result after breast lift with implants

Although the pictures you posted are somewhat difficult to evaluate, I do not see evidence of a double bubble or bottoming out at this time.  In fact, it appears that your surgeon did a good job.  With that said, please discuss with your surgeon your concerns, as most of us want to know the questions our patients have with their results and if there is anything we can do to make them completely happy that does not carry to much risk of making a situation worse.

Post Op Concerns

Though it can be frustrating to wait- in the early stages after a breast lift/augment, breasts can appear slightly mishapen or asymmetric as they have yet to settle and skin/tissues must have time to expand/round out. I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon if you note concerning changes.

All the best 

Breast lift/implant 10 weeks post-op

Thank you for your questions, photos, and thorough description. An in-person assessment is always best. If you are concerned, you can book an appointment with your plastic surgeon sooner, or send photos of your concerns. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast bottoming out?

You appear to be healing normally. You are early in the recovery process. It will take between 3 and 6 months for your breasts to drop and settle into position. Continue to follow your surgeons instructions and contact him or her with any concerns. Best of luck.

Lift and augmentation

I think that you have to give it more time to heal, but you may eventually need a small inframammary incision to gather up the lower pole skin.

Postop Augmentation Mastopexy

I appreciate your concern, but it is still too early to evaluate. Follow up with your plastic surgeon and seek postop care advice. Good Luck

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Breast augmentation

It is hard to evaluate this without knowing the dimensions, and the  of your breast before the augmentation. It appears that the distance from your nipple to the inframammary fold is too long, You may also understand this as the implant being too low. In either case it appears you have excess skin under your breast and likely you should have the anchor pattern lift instead of the lollipop. I would talk to your board-certified plastic surgeon about this as a means to correct your shape.Good luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Visit your PS

Thank
you for the question. It would be
difficult to fully assess your situation without an in-person examination.  It looks like your implants are positioned low which could be a sign of bottoming out but hard to say for sure.  Visit your board-certified plastic surgeon and
have a full evaluation. Best of luck.
Dr. Michael Omidi.
An
in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess
your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS