I had botox in crows feet area and a few days later my lower lid is drooping. Is it permanent? (Photo)

I did not have botox under eye area just forehead and crows feet. Are there any solutions other than waiting for the botox to wear off? I also had Ultherapy 1 month ago heard it can change eye shape but could it cause the lower lid to drop? One of these treatments caused this. Will my eyelid return to it's original shape or can this be permanent.

Botox

Botox usually takes 2 or 3 days to start to work, and will continue to improve over the first 7 to 10 days. The full affect is typically achieved after 14 days.

Should you still have this concern after 14 days, I'd recommend booking a follow-up appointment with your qualified injector to discuss your concerns and options.

Take care.

Change in lower eyelid position after Botox and Ultherapy

I am sorry to hear about your troubles. The good news is that these are temporary in nature and your eyelid position will return back to normal. I would discuss this at greater length with your treating physician to get more information about potential timeframes and any other options that you might have open in the meanwhile.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox

It can up to 2 weeks for your Botox results to reveal themselves. However, if you are still unhappy at that time, call your surgeon to discuss what can be done to fix it. Otherwise, the effects will wear off in about 3 months. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Botox

Botox can take up to two weeks for total correction. After those two weeks, if you still have concerns with your treatment, I would follow up with your provider who performed your injections. This can be corrected with additional units of Botox. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Lower lid drooping after Botox

If the lower lid drooping is due to misplacement of Botox then it should normalize no later than 3 months as the effect of Botox wears off.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

I had Botox and a few days later my lower lid is drooping. Is it permanent?

Thank you for your question. Botox does not cause the lower eyelid to droop. Unfortunately, there are no solutions to reverse the effects of Botox, rather than waiting for the results to wear off. Botox cosmetic generally lasts up to four months, and should always be injected by a skilled physician to avoid irregular side effects. Botox injections are not advised for everyone, and only a highly trained professional can determine whether you are a candidate. If Botox is improperly placed, patients may experience upper eyelid drooping.

Ultherapy may have caused the lower eyelid to droop due to the contraction of the skin. This technology emits ultrasound waves which are penetrated deep into the dermis to stimulate natural collagen growth for skin tightening – causing the skin to contract. This procedure provides subtle, natural changes to lift the skin. It is best if you schedule an appointment with a board-certified dermatologist to evaluate your skin to correct your condition.

Ariel Ostad, MD

Botox and lower eyelid drooping

this is quite unusual but as with all things related to Botox it will disappear on its own and leave no residual effect. there is no treatment to make it go away faster but it should not last too long

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Lid droop after Botox

Sophie
So sorry this happened to you, but unfortunately the lid droop that you describe can occur, although rarely. The good news/bad news about Botox is that it is not permanent, so your eye will get better! Unfortunately you have to wait for the Botox to wear off, possibly 1-2 months. There are eye drops that will temporarily improve the lid drop, especially if you have an important event, so ask your doctor for a prescription. Do not let anyone inject more Botox to try to fix it, because it does not work, and will just increase the length of time to recover. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Droopy lower eyelid post Botox injections

Thank you for sharing your question and photos. Botox probably caused a slight weakening of the lower eyelid muscle causing it to droop. Fortunately, if it is Botox induced, the eyelid position should fully recover. Good luck!

Botox and lower eyelid dropping

Sometimes Botox Can migrate a little beyond where it is injected or it maybe have been inject a little bit closer to the lower eyelid than usual.  At this point ,I anticipate this should be short-lived and will resolve on its own over time .

Michael H. Wojtanowski, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon