I had Betolero injected under the muscle around my eyes two days ago and don't see any difference. Any suggestions? (photos)

My dr is one of the top I her field but my eyes look the same! I paid so much I expected to see better results. I was told I would have to pay for another syringe if I wanted more filler. I had betolero I injected under the muscle around my eyes two days ago and don't see any difference. She said she injected close to the bone. Should I expect to see results in two weeks or was not enough injected? I hate to pay for another syringe! This was a big splurge for me. Help!

Filler around eyes

Hello, and thanks for your question. I'm sorry you did not get the result you had hoped for. I recommend that you follow up with the physician who performed your procedure to discuss your response and alternative treatment options.  You might need to try using more product, or possibly a different one altogether. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Always compare before and after photos if you have questions

Make sure to compare the before and after photos with your injector.  It is difficult to assess the pictures you have posted but the improvement may be subtle and appropriate but difficult to appreciate if you don't compare with the before photos.  Good luck

Payman Kosari, MD, FAAD
Charlotte Dermatologic Surgeon

Under eye filler, belotero

Thank you for your question.  It is best to address the before/after difference with the doctor. If you truly do not observe any difference, then perhaps you might ask what her recommendation would be for the next step. Be well-

Estee Williams, MD

Try restylane

Although boletero is a great product for fine lines, is not much of a "volumizer". It works wonderfully for patients with thin, fair skin with minimum volume loss, but in your case a heftier product such as restylane maybe more useful. Some times both deep and superficial planes need to be addressed for best results. Best of luck!

Neda Vanden Bosch, MD
West Palm Beach Physician

Belotero for tear trough injections

I do believe Belotero is a good product for tear troughs and I often use a sandwich technique during which I place filler superficial and deep to the muscle giving best results. Alternatively fillers in this area include Restylane, Juvederm, and Restylane Silk although I do not like Juvederm in this area and both Restylane and Silk result in a lot of swelling. 

Giving your situation, I would followup with your injecting physician and discuss your results. Ask to see before and after photos. I suspect you may need more filler. 

Belotero Fillers For Undereyes

Before and after pictures should be taken before and after each injection you receive. We look at ourselves so frequently that sometimes we may not notice a slight change. After one syringe of Belotero you should see a difference. I cannot quite judge from your pictures since they are not labelled "before" or "after". Unfortunately, if you aren't satisfied with your results, another syringe may be your only option. In similar situations that i've handled in the past, another product may be used as well. Speak with your surgeon and consult for you best options. Best of luck,

Belotero under eyes

Belotero is a very thin product and is good for those with thin skin who need minimal enhancement.  It is less likely to cause nodules/irregularities in that area when there's no fat to cover/minimize the visibility of outline of the filler.  Unfortunately, it does not last very long, so it's not one of my favorite products.  Also to note is that more than one syringe may be necessary for great results.  Every face is different!

Belotero for tear troughs

Thank you for sharing your question. Restylane is a better filler for the tear troughs than Belotero. It gives more of a fill and lasts longer. See an experienced eyelid specialist for treatment in this delicate area. 
Good luck,

Belotero under eyes

Hi, are your pictures supposed to be before and afters or just afters? if you post before and afters, we will be able to tell what would be needed or what was done. Thank you

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Belotero Injection Technique Under The Eyes

Unlike other fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm, Belotero is a superficial filler. It should not be injected deep under the muscle when treating underneath the eyes. 

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon