I am 32 years old, could you please let me know if I have Gynecomastia? (Photos)

I can't feel any firm tissue or brest tissue when I press. However I feel like some fluid filled on both chest. Please let me know if it requires surgery or just fat removal is sufficient. Also could you please let me know how much does it cost.

Having Gynecomastia

Thank you for your questions. From the photos you sent, you may suffer from gynecomastia. But it is difficult to make an accurate conclusion with just photos. There can be other reasons for excess breast tissue such as weight gain, certain medications or herbal supplements. I recommend visiting a board-certified gynecomastia surgeon for a detailed evaluation. He/she will be able to determine if you have true gynecomastia and discuss your treatment options.

Is this gynecomastia ?

Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed. You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary.

I am 32 years old, could you please let me know if I have Gynecomastia

if you cannot feel a hard lump, it is likely more fatty than gland. I do think at least some liposuction is warranted to improve it. If there remains some gland at the completion of the liposuction, it can be cut out at that time. Cost will vary from surgeon to surgeon so see a couple of surgeons so you can find one you feel comfortable with and then you can get prices.

Julio Garcia, MD

Do I have Gynecomastia?

Thank you for the question and picture. Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. 

Generally speaking, liposuction surgery alone is useful to treat lipomastia (an enlarged chest secondary to adipose tissue); rarely does it suffices as the only modality of treatment when it comes to treating true gynecomastia. Most patients with gynecomastia benefit from direct excision of glandular tissue plus/minus peripheral liposuction surgery.

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

About Gynecomastia and Costs for Treatment

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have breast enlargement and you think you are an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement.

Normal Gynecomastia is usually apparent in boy between the ages of 12 to 15 years old and older men 65 years old or more who experience a drop in their testosterone levels. This type of Gynecomastia takes about one to two years to regress on its own.
Pure Glandular Gynecomastia is seen more commonly in body builders and is caused by steroid use. Surgical removal of the gland is required for treatment.
Adult Gynecomastia – Fat deposits are apparent in the glandular tissue. This type of gynecomastia is the most common. Doctors may recommend surgery for treatment of the condition.
Adolescent Gynecomastia is hereditary and usually appears in 30% to 60% of boys between the ages of nine to fourteen. Many cases of adolescent gynecomastia resolve on its own as the boy grows into adulthood. Some may choose to undergo surgery to correct the situation, this usually happens at the age of 18 or above. In severe cases in young boys, the physician and child development specialists will need to speak to the parents regarding the severity of the gynecomastia and if surgery is an option before the age of 18.
Assymetric or Unilateral Gynecomastia appears in either one or both breasts at different degrees. In many cases one breast appears larger than the other. Surgery is a common treatment for this type of gynecomastia.
Pseudo-Gynecomastia is composed of adipose tissue instead of glandular tissue. This type of gynecomastia can be treated with diet, liposuction or surgery
Severe Gynecomastia commonly affects those who have lost skin elasticity at an older age and those who have been obese or overweight at one point in their life and lost weight may have saggy skin and breasts that are severely enlarged. Surgery is the recommended treatment for severe gynecomastia. 
There are three types of surgical treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. A board certified Plastic Surgeon will recommend the best one suited for you during a one-on-one, in-person consultation. 

#Surgery quotes should include the procedure itself, operating room facilities, anesthesia fees, surgeon’s fees, medical tests, post-surgery garments, prescription medication and other related costs. Most plastic surgery offices offer convenient finance plans that allow patients to pay a low monthly payment. 
Costs will also vary with geographic location. Estimated costs can be found here on RealSelf.com, PlasticSurgery.org or Surgery.org.