I had 10 units of Botox per side for crows feet and I see no change what so ever after 10 days. Any suggestions?

If I simply need more, wouldn't I see SOME change? I would pay for a few more units of that were the issue but because there seems to be no change at all, I think it's either the injector or the Botox. I definitely do not want to pay to redo it if that's the case.

No Results After 10 Units of Botox to Crows Feet

Thank you for your interesting question. After receiving 10 units of Botox per side to the crows feet and waiting 7 days after the injections, I would expect you to see some results. I recommend that you follow up, in person this week, with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and discuss this, because they will be able to help you. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Need more botox

Thanks for your question. Botox is a temporary neuroparalytic that is used to eliminate wrinkles in the periorbital and forehead area. Its also works well for softening the 11s (corrugated muscle). Fillers are used to add volume to the face and also deal with dipper folds and lines such as the smile lines and marionette lines. In addition filler can be used for filling the tear trough deformity and adding volume to the cheeks and lips. Please consult with your plastic surgeon to review the best options available for you.
Good Luck.

Ali Sadeghi, MD, FACS
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Botox not working this may be why

The baseline amount of units for crows feet is 12 units per side. If those muscles are very strong then there are two options.  You may need more units of Botox or its possible that the dilution would need to be less for your particular situation. It's important to have a consultation and evaluation to determine your exact needs. We offer complimentary consultations to all clients prior to treatment.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Botox Results

Botox usually takes 2 or 3 days to start to work, and will continue to improve over the first 7 to 10 days. The full affect is typically achieved after 14 days. Should you not notice any improvements by 14 days, I'd recommend booking a follow-up appointment with your skilled and qualified injector. 

All the best. 

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox. It is best to review your before and after photos from your provider. Additional units may be required to achieve your desired results. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox

You should see a significant reduction in the lines around your eyes by day 10. I would suggest a follow-up appointment with your injector to review your results.

Botox

Hello and thank you for your question.  Botox injected into the crow's feet usually works very well.  10U per side is a lot of botox (I usually use 5U per side).  I would visit your surgeon again and have him/her evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Botox on crow's feet

Botox to the crow's feet usually works very well. Not sure what was injected if it did not work.  Best to review with you injector.

Botox and crow's feet

ten units per side for crow's feet is a lot of Botox. I usually use 6 units per side. it is possible you are a non-responder although that is rare. be sure you are seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

No Effect with 10 Units of Botox to Each Side for Crow's Feet. What to do?

Best option is to see the doctor who performed the procedure. Ten units is a little low, but it is dependent upon the patient and the area  treated, number/size/depth of wrinkles (related to muscle size, etc). Let them exam you and discuss your options. Good luck.

Andrew Kaufman, MD