How could the hump be removed if I still see it six weeks post op and it feels like bone?

Why would the hump that was supposed to be removed still be there six weeks post op. Im distraught. Hump feels hard as bone. I went to a top plastic surgeon on park ave in nyc and thought i was in good hands. As soon as bandage was taken off the hump was there. He assured me he broke my noae and didnt just rasp it so hiw can this happen? He said it swelling but i dont think so. It feels hard and i have thin skin. Sorry for the rant but im just disappointed and embarrassed about this whole situation.

Bump on nose

At 6 weeks you are probably still pretty swollen.  If you end up having a residual bump, it can always be treated.  Best of luck.

Rhinoplasty results

I think the hardest things for rhinoplasty patients is that the results aren't immediate. You've had this major surgery and often, when the bandages come off, things may look the same or worse. It will take time for the swelling to subside -- anywhere from 6 months to a year. For now, be patient and kind to yourself as your body recovers. If, at 6 months post op, you are still unhappy then schedule an appointment with your surgeon to discuss options. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative recovery after septorhinoplasty / nose surgery

Indeed, there is swelling that is still present at 6 weeks and would wait to see this resolve over time; additionally would followup with your plastic surgeon