Hardening/swelling on back 4 weeks post TT w/ flank lipo

I'm 4 weeks post TT w/ lipo on the flanks. and still have hardenig/swelling on my back. I had a nice arch to my back pre-tummy tuck and now its gone and it kind of looks fatter/less attractive than before. Even though I had lipo done there. Is this normal 4 weeks post op? Is this normal?

Swelling and Tightening Post-Op

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate. You can return to full activity without restrictions at 6 weeks.

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

If you are extremely worried about your healing process it would be a good idea to visit your surgeon to have the area examined for proper healing. He will be able to tell if everything is going well and possibly determine how long this swelling and tightness may last. Good luck!

Liposuction at 4 weeks

At 4 weeks it is customary to be very swollen. It will take another 4 weeks or so for the majority of the swelling to subside, but will take about 4-6 months for the residual swelling to dissipate.