How hard is it to achieve the look that I want with rhinoplasty? (photos)

I have a small face and my nose has always been one of my big insecurities. Everyone points out how long it is and my bump, also it's kind of animated and moves while i talk. I want a cute small nose with a slight slope and a lot shorter than it is now. How hard will it be to achieve the look that I want? (I will attach photos) and also does my chin play apart in this as well?

Rhinoplasty with chin implant can bring balance to the face...

The goals you describe are certainly reasonable, and you should have a nice result as long as the procedure is done by a rhinoplasty specialist. The bump can be taken down, and the tip can be shortened slightly. A small chin implant will enhance the profile significantly as well. I wouldn't plan on the tip being "a lot" shorter than it is now. A slight slope with a moderately shortened tip should be the goal so as to keep your nose looking natural.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

The photographs demonstrate an under projecting chin and an overly projecting nose.  A closed rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, decreasing the overall projection of the nose and shortening nose as well.  To prevent the tip from drooping when smiling  requires releasing the depressor septi ligament.  Placement of a chin implant will help both facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to  the overly projecting nose.  Chin implants are manufactured in a large array of sizes and shapes  which is best determined at the time of the consultation and examination.  For many before and after results of rhinoplasty and chin implants, please see the link and the video below 

Close rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us. In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features. Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

How hard is it to achieve the look that I want with rhinoplasty?

Your goals are achievable but I would encourage you to seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with extensive Rhinoplasty experience demonstrated by a large gallery of before and afters. Also, I would encourage you to insist on a closed Rhinoplasty technique- avoiding the scar across the columella.

Expectations

Love the banana!I think your expectations are reasonable, but would be nice to see a front view.Will say this, your case is not a slam dunk.  Need someone who has experience as making such a thin projecting nose less projecting and more balanced with face does take some thought and out of the box planning and techniques.Would be happy to see you in Austin, TX.  I know you are in NYC but with the prices you might pay there you may be able to fly here, get the surgery here, and recover here for the same or less.Call or email.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Rhinoplasty

The goal of surgery is to achieve a better you. You might also want to consider a chin implant as well. Best of luck.

Rhinoplasty

It appears that your problems are not as bad as you describe. Your skin does not appear to be thick. You should be able to get the improvements that you want. By examining the photos, its not what I would call a more difficult operation than an average rhinoplasty.To balance your nose, I strongly suggest that you consider a chin implant

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

GreetingsThank you for your question and photos, best is to consulate a Rhinoplasty Surgeon who will do the necessary needed examinations and give you the final evaluation.  

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip de-projection

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a nasal tip de-projection and a dorsal hump reduction.  The dorsal hump reduction is relatively easy for a good surgeon to perform.  The nasal tip de-projection is more challenging but can look great if the appropriate technique is used.    Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had nasal tip de-projection surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Your nose

Have a consultation with an experienced rhinoplastic surgeon and discuss what you want. A lot can be done for your nose and the changes you want can probably be achieved. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD