Hair removal from my upper lip area: what is the most effective treatment?

Hello to all, I have been considering having a couple of dark hairs above my upper lip removed but I am afraid of hyperpigmentation that is often associated with laser treatments. Is there anything effective yet sensitive to my skin that does not pose such risks? Thank you!

Laser Hair Removal

Thank you for your question in regards to laser hair removal. If the correct laser and settings are used specifically for your skin and hair type you should not be at a risk for hyper-pigmentation. A test spot should be performed before full treatment is done. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Facial hair removal

Hair on the upper lip is easily treated with laser hair removal and there are appropriate lasers for all skin types.  Be aware that you will likely need several treatments to get rid of even a few hairs.  Be sure to seek out someone with the ability to adapt the laser settings to your skin type and hair color.  Best of luck!

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal for Upper Lip

Laser hair removal is the best treatment for the hair on the upper lip.  If the correct laser and settings are used for your skin type and hair you will not have the hyperpigmentation you are describing.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green