Do I need Gynocomastia surgery? (photos)

I have a light form of Gynocomastia/puffy nipples since i was 15. For the last few weeks I had some pain in my left breast. My docter send me to get an ultrasound just to be sure. The docter in the hospital told me that she could barely see the glandular tissue (1.2cm left breast) (1.5cm right breast). Are these sizes normal with Gynocomastia? Or does this indicate a form of pseudogynecomastia? (Not a native speaker sorry for bad grammar)

Correcting Puffy Nipple Areola Complex

About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.
So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement.
"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of #Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.
As each case is different, it is vital that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in male breast surgery. A board-certified plastic surgeon should determine if you are a suitable candidate for male breast reduction by liposuction or glandular excision. It is also crucial to have a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the gynecomastia condition can determine if there is firm breast tissue beneath the areola that is causing the nipples to project (which is often the case), and if so, how much of this glandular tissue can be removed to create a flat appearance.
#PuffyNipple surgery generally takes only an hour or two, and the recovery time is short; sometimes less than a week. There is minimal scarring and the success rate is excellent. Therefore, patients who suffer from "Puffy Nipples", and who view it as an unaesthetic and unpleasant condition, may desire surgical intervention to correct the "puffy nipple" condition. Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

Mild gynecomastia

Thanks for the photos.  The third photos illustrates what I would consider gynecomastia.  Be sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon with a lot of experience for an evaluation and one who does a lot of this particular type of surgery.

Tim Neavin, MD

Gynecomastia

While small, you have gland under the areola. This can be treated by excision of the gland and advancement fat grafts. The periareolar incision heals very well and is virtually undetectable when it is mature and healed. Good luck and thanks for the inquiry.

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastianew york (NY)

If your condition bothers you, you visit a surgeon who specializes .
How should I choose a surgeon?
Selecting a surgeon is as important a choice as the decision to undergo surgery. Choose carefully. The decision is yours. What follows is some advice to assist in making your selection.
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon who has performed over one thousand gynecomastia cases increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures a surgeon displays, the better. Pay attention not just to the number of pictures, but whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3. Reviews matter. Have patients reviewed your surgeon? Did those patients undergo the surgery you are considering?
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
We hope these guidelines are of assistance when you are selecting your surgeon. When undergoing surgery, it is very important to be realistic about your expectations. Past results are not a guarantee of future results. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Mild gynecomastia is still gynecomastia

Gynecomastia is, by definition, any excess tissue on a male chest.  It is never solely fat or solely breast tissue -- it is always a combination of both.

Whether to do something about it is another matter.  If it bothers you, then consider a consultation with a plastic surgeon who has particular expertise in gynecomastia surgery -- all the various options will be explained.  If you were just curious and want to live with it, then be aware there is no future added risk of disease and you can adequately mask it by wearing a snug compression garment under your clothing.  Unfortunately, there is no non-surgical means of eliminating it.

For much more information, consider looking at my website, which is exlcusively devoted to gynecomastia.

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
New York City

Gynecomastia?

Hard to be sure without physical exam, but you may have a modest gynecomastia, easily treatable by surgery if you are 18 or older.  Check out the link below to an article about gynecomastia. Good luck

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Gynecomastia

Thanks for the question, I would be interested in knowing what the ultrasound showed, if it was benign breast tissue than you do have gynecomastia and I like to use an energy device to soften the gland and follow that with some light liposuction to sculpt the area, its an outpatient procedure