Gum contouring, teeth shaving and then veneers? (Photo)

my canines and pre-molars have drifted back after braces which make now only the incisor part of my smile gummy. I also dislike the fact that my smile is curved and not parallel to the ground, and the fact that my incisors go into my mouth I was considering having a gum contouring operation to increase the size of my teeth upwards and have a less gummy smile. Then slightly shave my incisors to make my teeth line more straight and parallel. And then veneers on the incisors to bring them forward.

You're solution is a pretty good one...consider very short-term ortho as well.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I'm not sure how much time you've spent studying dentistry, however you've done a good job analyzing your own smile. Here's my $0.02:

The curve of your smile is actually aesthetically desirable -- it's called your smile line, and as a cosmetic dentist, I try to make a person's smile curve this way.  The biting edges of your upper front teeth should follow the curvature of your lower lip line.  Yours do that nicely, and if you want a different effect (the edges to be straight across or parallel with horizon), you should make this known.

Another option you might consider, is to go back very briefly into braces or clear trays like Invisalign to broaden your smile and move your front teeth into the position where you want them.  This would be fast treatment, and could eliminate your need for shaving your teeth and porcelain veneers.

I tell my patients this:  If you mostly like the shape and color of your natural teeth, and your natural teeth are healthy, then it may be wise to simply move your teeth into the position where you want them.  If you don't like how your teeth look, then consider covering them with porcelain.

You are also correct that a gum lift will reduce the gummy smile appearance.  If you're going to move your teeth, first push your front teeth up in your smile (if that's how you want your smile).  Sometimes the gums will travel with the teeth and reduce the gum show.  After you move your teeth, you can then do the gum contouring to fine tune or dial in the final touches of your smile.

Good Luck!  I hope this helps!!