Good progress for months after hairline transplant results? (Photo)

I'm seeking feedback from other doctors as to whether they think this is a good result for 3 months after having a hair transplant to lower my hairline. I got 1500 grafts. I'm hoping to see this get thicker & im nervous it won't! Thanks!

3 months after hair transplant surgery

Most patient will find 20-30% grafts grow in the 3rd months after surgery. So I think it looks fine in current condition. In the 6th months after surgery, about 70% of implanted grafts grow, and you will find much better. Be patient and keep using topical minoxidil or oral fiasteride.

Taiwan Hair Restoration Surgeon

Early growth from 1500 grafts

I wold expect that more hair will appear and the hair that you see will grow longer. Congrads you are doing well

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It can take six to twelve month after a hair transplant surgery to see results. So after a 3 months, it may be too early to

It can take six to twelve month after a hair transplant surgery to see results. So after a 3 months, it may be too early to tell.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Evaluating growth after 3 months

I'd say your growth looks about average for 3 months. The best thing you could do is try to relax and be patient--it's still very early, and you'll be amazed at what happens after another 3 months! Some people seem to have less early growth than others, only to catch up at the end of a year. Those thin areas will most likely fill in over the next few months.(Try using some minoxidil to give yourself a little boost.) After all is said and done, anyone going fo hair transplant surgery should understand that there is a limit to the thickness that can be achieved in a single procedure, and should be prepared for the possibility that 2 or more surgeries may be necessary--especially with black hair and fair skin. Keep in touch with your surgeon, and monitor your progress with photos every few months because it's hard to see your progress just by looking in the mirror every day.

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Results

Can take up to 18 months and not all transplant produce results so maintain good follow up with your doctor. Right now it looks ok.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist