Would I be a good candidate for a tip plasty? (Photo)

The tip of my nose has a roundEd look is it possible to reduce the size of skin at the top of my nose tip?

Changing the tip...

You can certainly change the size of the tip by manipulating the cartilage inside the nose. The bridge can be refined slightly at the same time. The most important thing is seeing a rhinoplasty specialist that can image your nose and discuss what is possible with you.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tip plasty

I do not think a tip plasty is sufficient.

Your tip lacks projection and you have an acute nasolabial angle.

The tip need projection from a septal cartilage tip graft and the nose needs to be rotated upwards.

You may also benefit from a trim of the cephalic edges of the lateral crura but since there is no frontal view, I cannot be sure.

This is not an easy nose. It is deceptive.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photograph.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty, that way they can perform a physical examination of your nose and give you the optimal results you desire. From what I can tell from your photographs, it appears you would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. I would encourage you to submit frontal photos. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Conservative rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly.  The key for you will be very conservative changes to your nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tip plasty

You may need more than just the tip procedure to raise it up.  An exam in person would be very helpful. Best of luck.