Am I good candidate for rhinoplasty? (Photos)

Would like to have a small nose, more shape, and have the tip sit up a little higher. Is this possible? How much will it cost? Where is the best to go?

Rhinoplasty

You are a candidate for Rhinoplasty. As an artist I like using the reshaping technique when performing Rhinoplasties. Using advanced suturing techniques I can change the nasal cartilages giving you a thinner, more refined natural looking nose. I like to find out from the patient what their goals are. I then examine the nose and I write up a detailed operative plan. I incorporate the FINNESSE technique which I invented. Bleeding, bruising and postoperative pain is minimal and recovery is quicker versus traditional techniques. I don't routinely pack the nose. It is not uncommon that some patients have no bruising after surgery. For more information please watch the enclosed video. I hope you find this information useful.

Good Rhinoplasty Candidate

Greetings 
Thank you for your,  you are a good candidate for Rhinoplasty Traditional approach of rhinoplasty surgery dealing with deppresion and irregularity is an invasive surgery making changes in basit structures of nose once again which might lead to more complications and longer healing period. However our new approach in revision operations using autologous stromal cell enriched fat transfer to required areas with depression and irregularities, patients experience less surgical trauma, less change in basic structures of nose, thus a shorter and more comfortable healing period with more succesfull results.Our price are from 3000euro to 5000euros.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty can give a nice improvement...

Rhinoplasty can be done to make your nose thinner and give better definition. You appear to have thicker skin, so realistic expectations are important. We won't be able to make it really thin, but a well performed rhinoplasty will definitely make it smaller with a better shape. Price varies from surgeon to surgeon and can range from $5000 to $15000. Be sure to find at least a couple rhinoplasty specialists, look at their work, and discuss your goals with them to get a feeling about who will be the best for you.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Difficult nose

Yes,  You are a good candidate, but you do not have an easy rhinoplasty.  You will need multiple cartilage grafts from your septum to raise the root of your nose, the radix, and give more refinement to your tip.  I suspect you have small weak cartilages.  You also have thick nasal skin.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Am I a good candidate for Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Please schedule a consult with a reputable board certified facial plastic surgeon in your geographical area. Your surgeon will discuss the risks and benefits of your recommended treatment plan. Best of luck.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I a Good Candidate for a Rhinoplasty ?

Your are physically a good candidate for a rhinoplasty but the goal should not be just decreasing the size of your bulbous tip with thick skin but improving tip definition by changing the contour of your tip cartilages using sutures and a adding small cartilage graft to refine the tip and augmenting your bridge to improve nasal balance. Consult with a rhinoplasty expert to improve your nose with a natural result.

Thick skin rhinoplasty

Unfortunately achieving excellent definition is very difficult with thick skin.However, a modest improvementCan be achieved with help of alar plasty, cartilaginous tip graft and defatting the tip as well.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

A difficult rhinoplasty

It is interesting to note that  your tip is quite thick and your radix (upper bridge) is low. This causes a visual discordance.

If the cause of  thick tip is solely due to the thickness of the skin, then reducing or modifying the tip cartilages is futile and may leave the tip without support and definition.

Another approach would be to augment the dorsum with a septal cartilage graft. It would give some elegance to your profile.
Tip grafts can impart some needed refinement to the tip.
I also get a suggestion from the limited pictures,  that your chin may be undersized. If so then you may want to consider a chin implant.
All of these suggestions need to be verified at a consultation.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Rhinoplasty

Dear emily_jones,
Thank you for your question and for including photographs. You can achieve a smaller more refined nose with surgery. I recommend an in-office consultation would to do an exam and evaluate your skin thickness which may be a limiting factor.  Also this is beneficial to b/c you can do in-office computer imaging which can help you communicate with your surgeon what you desire and know what is achievable and realistic. Best regards, Gina Chu, MD

Gina Chu, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon