Would I be a good candidate for hairline lowering surgery? (photo)

I have always hated my hairline. I was wondering if hairline lowering surgery could both lower the hairline AND straighten it out. Thankyou!

Hairline Lowering Surgery

Thank you for your question and your picture.  Hairline lowering surgery is a great way to lower the hairline providing immediate results and the results do look very natural and balanced.  It is possible to even out hairline irregularities that you may dislike, but a completely straight line will look unnatural.  Hair grafts with hair transplantation surgery is another option if you only want to fill in certain areas.  I hope this helps!

Hairline lowering

Based on the limited photo and assuming you are in excellent health, the answer is ‘Yes.’ You are a good candidate.    I say this because all of my patients who choose a hair line lowering procedure have always hated the large size of their forehead.  We have some good patient testimonials to describe the feelings of these  happy  patients .  Of course the surgery will not straighten your hair but you will have it in a much better (lower) location to do more things with it !!!If you are interested in the procedure be sure to consult with docs who do this on a regular basis.  Hair restoration  and hair line lowering is a real sub-specialty. Good luck 
J Vogel, MD

James Vogel, MD

Lowering the hairline

You are a good candidate to lower the hairline. The contour can be changed, but typically the new hairline is purposely made a little irregular because that typically looks more natural. But you can discuss the contour with your plastic surgeon. Best of luck!

Female wants hairline lowering procedure

You are an excellent candidate for a hairline lowering surgery because you have not lost your corner hair. A hair transplant lowering procedure will also work well.  See below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Am I a Good Candidate for Hairline Lowering?

Your hairline can be lowered and the contour changed if desired.  Some irregularity of the hairline is ideal; you don't want a perfectly straight line. Depending on the tightness of your scalp, the extent of lowering and change in contour an expander may be necessary. Carefully evaluate the appearance of the hairlines in patients of the surgeons you're considering.

Hairline Lowering New York

It is difficult to tell if you are a candidate for hairline lowering since you have only shown us the top 1/3 of your face.  Some of the decision to perform a hairline lowering is based on facial 1/3 measurements and proportions.  Please repost with your entire face or go for an in person consultation.  Hairline lower can both lower a hairline and reshape it.

Kevin Ende, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

You may be a good candidate for lowering your hairline but more information would be needed. If significant reshaping of your hairline is the major goal rather than lowering the hairline greatly, hair transplants may be the surgical method of choice. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon