What is good for back fat and arm fat removal? Coolsculpting or Vaser hi def? Any other treatments? Non invasive? (photo)

I posted a question about Coolsculpting for arms,abdomen and bra roll. I realize that I may want something for the upper back fat,not just the bra roll. A doctor replied and told me I would be happy with Vaser hi def. I'm wondering if the scars are minimal or hidden. Or if there is something like Coolsculpting that treats the fat but doesn't cause scars. Or what my treatment options would be? Thank you. 19 years old.

CoolSculpting, Vaser, traditional Liposuction and other body contouring alternatives

Dear boodyconscious:

Thanks for sharing your photo.

Any incision to the skin will create a scar, whether it is Vaser or traditional liposuction. Vaser is a combination approach of powered fat destruction and liposuction and maybe too much for primary lipocontouring in a 19 year old. 

Consider lipocontouring on multiple areas of the body. CoolSculpting, while "tried and true", is very limited and  may not be cost effective and only provide a limited area of improvement with each applicator placement.

It is best to consult with a well versed, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for what is recommended for YOU.

All the best!

CoolSculpting causes permanent fat loss

Bra roll back is treated well with CoolSculpting.  Providers are very conservative with arms because the area can be treated but an in person exam is definitely necessary.  At 19 it would be helpful to consider noninvasive options because even though liposuction has minimal visible scarring it does cause scarring the areas treated beneath the skin surface.

Lipo or CoolSculpting for back fat?

Dear boodyconscious:

I think your age is an important consideration. Both CoolSculpting in overlapping treatments and carefully performed liposuction could give you the results you seek, but I think at your age I might recommend the safer, non scarring, and effective CoolSculpting. If you do decide to pursue liposuction because it will give immediate results in one or possibly two treatments, I would recommend you find a plastic surgeon or dermatologist who is skilled in multiple modalities including Vaser which uses ultrasound and would be helpful if the fat on your back is fibrous.

Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
coolsculpting would be great for bra area but lipo will give you a larger area at one time
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Back Fat and Coolsculpting

Coolsculping is a fabulous machine for upper back fat.  It is a great non-surgical way to get rid of this area without scars.  Please consult an experienced board certified dermatologist for an in office consultation.

Coolsculpting versus Vaser

As a general rule, I would say that Liposuction with energy assistance (e.g. Vaser, Slimlipo, Smartlipo) done by a board certified plastic surgeon can provide better results than Coolsculpting.  Surgery allow for a broader treatment region and to blend areas between pinched areas of fat (as treated by Coolsculpting).
I was the first plastic surgeon in Houston to bring on Coolsculpting into their practice to offer patients a choice.  I have noticed that my Vaser/Slimlipo patients obtain better results due to the skin tightening and continuous fat reduction in the treatment areas versus Coolsculpting.  I have, however, noticed that if patients are open to doing multiple treatments in a region with Coolsculpting with some overlapping of the treatment areas, I can achieve some impressive results.
I would recommend that you visit a place that offers both so you can truly have an informed consultation and help you make a decision.

Back and arm fat removal

CoolSculpt is a great alternative to traditional liposuction or Vaser for permanent removal of back and arm fat. The benefit of choosing CoolSculpt is that you avoid surgery, anesthesia, surgical scars, and potential lumpiness. The back/bra fat and upper arms are common areas treated with CoolSculpt, and the ideal candidate for CoolSculpt is someone within ideal body weight with stubborn pockets of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise. Most patients do two treatments in the same area for a 20-25% reduction of fat per treatment. Make sure to have a consultation to make sure you are a good candidate.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Contouring and Vaser HI DEF

I find that for contouring and defining as well as skin tightening the best treatment is vaser hi def with very precise lipocontouring.  Best, Dr. Emer.