Please give honest opinion - i need to know if i am a good candidate to get breast lift with fat transfer at once? (photo)

Thank you.

Candidate for Breast Lift

Candidates for Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) surgery are women who have #saggingbreasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, or aging. Often times the sagging is too great to be treated by implants alone. Women with asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) also may be candidates for a breast lift or a modification of a lift. #Asymmetric breast can be adjusted by adding or removing volume.  One side can be tightened more or less than another.A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.The insertion of an implant as well, may be advisable to restore superior fullness, which is lost with aging and after pregnancy despite the rest of the breast being overly large.  Fat grafting can be used instead of implants to improve the contours of the breast. This is the #NaturalBreastLIft or #CaliforniaBreastLift.

Breast lift and fat transfer

Breast lifts help position the breast tissue back in the appropriate location and restore breast contour.  Fat transfer helps increase breast volume.  One needs adequate donor sites for liposuction to get the fat.  Also with fat grafting, there is some resorption of the transferred fat and usually 30-50% persists.  At times, individuals may benefit from additional stages of fat grafting.  Realistic expectation is always important in plastic surgery especially with fat grafting.

Best way to improve your Saggy Breasts?

First, one has to analyze what size your breast actually are, the quality of your breast tissue, and what your goals are - perkier, larger, or both.You definitely can benefit from a breast lift.If you do not want to bigger - than Mastopexy alone or remove some of your tissue, and replace with an implant that will hold the shape longer.If you want to be bigger, than either Lift and fat grafts - not my usual choice         Lift and Implant, with removal of some of your breast to use a larger implant and get a better shape long termGood Luck

Richard Greco, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

You are a great candidate for a breast lift.  Using fat will only get you to be one-size larger.  I recommend that you use an implant to get you to the size that you want.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with fat transfer or implants

Thank you for the question and photo. It appears you are an excellent candidate for breast lift with fat, implants or both. Please seek a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who has experience performing these procedures. Best of luck!Dr. Khuthaila

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Your breasts

A lift is fine -- maybe with implants, but can the ideal of a fat transfer. It really does not work well, the fat goes away and can leave you with lumpy bumpy breasts.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast lift and fat injections

You are a very good candidate for a lift.  I personally feel that implants are superior to fat injections. You get a known result whereas fat can be absorbed differently and require follow up treatments. Also, in terms of mammography, there is no confusion. See a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the alternatives and whether you have sufficient fat to harvest.

Please give honest opinion - i need to know if i am a good candidate to get breast lift with fat transfer at once?

Based on your photo you are a good candidate for a breast lift or dermal mastopexy.  However I prefer breast implants would provide more reliable enlargement of the breast.  For more information please be below:

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast lift.  If you desire increased size, this can be achieved with either fat or an implant.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast lift

I prefer to use implants with a breast lift because I think that it is more reliable than fat injection.