Do I need a full or mini tummy tuck ? Please help. 30 year old male who has been struggling from abdominal area (Photo)

I'm 30 yr old consider myself fit , but been suffering from changes in my abs area . Tried Coolsculpting and it didn't work , I think I need a tummy tuck . But I really need to know will it be mini or full ?

Get a Consult

It is difficult to tell from your photos alone whether #liposuction or an #abdominoplasty/ #TummyTuck would be best for you.  Please request an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon.

Do I need a full or mini tummy tuck ? Please help. 30 year old male who has been struggling from abdominal area

A mini tummy tuck would leave your upper abdominal region unchanged and is you do that the lower part of your abdomen will be tighter than the upper. I think a full tummy tuck would allow for tightening of the muscles of the upper abdomen as well as the lower part and will give you a more balanced look compared to just the mini tummy tuck.

Julio Garcia, MD

Liposuction

We have a much better skin than woman, and usually there is no need for a tummy tuck in cases like yours. I would try with a liposuction first.

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

The photos suggest that you may be a good candidate for liposuction of the abdomen and waist and not need a TT. You didn't mention any weight loss which would again support liposuction. But you really need to seek consultation with a Board Certified PS to be more definite about the procedure most appropriate for you. 

George Lefkovits, MD

Liposuction candidate

Thank you for your question and photos. You dont seem to need a tummy tuck, you appear to be a good candidate for liposuction of your abdomen and love handles. You could also add liposuction to your chest to achieve a more lean physique. Most important is a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon regarding this procedure. Don’t settle for less! 

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photos. Based on the photos submitted, the excess fatty tissue in the abdominal area and flank area can be removed with liposuction alone. It appears that you do not have too much excess skin however a proper examination would be required for a proper assessment of your skin quality/excess. If excess skin is present then it can be removed and tightened with a mini or full abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). With a complete examination your physician will be able to determine if liposuction alone would be enough or the type of tummy tuck (mini or full) you would need in order to leave you with a tighter and more toned look of your abdomen. Be sure to consult a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and which would be ideal in your case. Hope this helps. James Lee

James Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be a candidate for liposuction of the abdomen, flanks, and hips.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedure and what can be achieved. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Liposuction or Tummytuck?

From your photos, it appears that REAL liposuction is all you need. If you have lost a lot of weight and have loose skin, then Tummytuck is your best option. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Tummy tuck question

The best thing to do is to go for an in person consultation. That way the surgeon can determine if the things that you would like to address about your abdomen are due to loose skin, subcutaneous fat, muscle weakness or fat inside your belly. The appropriate procedure will depend on what you are trying to achieve and how much each of those factors is contributing to your appearance. 

From what I can see in your pictures it does not look like you would need a full tummy tuck. Some combination of liposuction and possibly a mini tummy tuck should lead to a more aesthetic abdomen. 

Full or mini tummy tuck - 30 year old male

There are a variety of procedures that can produce a good cosmetic result in the appropriate patient: liposuction alone, a mini tummy tuck, a modified with an umbilical float, or a variety of a full abdominoplasty. All of the tummy tuck variations all  may, or may not, include tightening of the muscle and liposuction. They produce different degrees of improvement.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon