Should I do another fraxel restore for my nose scar or try a fraxel repair? What is that puffy wavy texture on my nose? (photo)

I have a variety of nose scars on my nose. Indented scars, raised scars, and this weird wavy texture. I am 1 month post my second fraxel. I'm not seeing much results. Am I expecting results too soon? Should I try something else for my nose scars? Is there something else that would help my nose?

Use a more powerful laser than ReStore

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

See a specialist who has a few CO2 lasers - I do believe that ReStrore is under powered for the treatment of specific scars. I still use my Fraxel ReStrore laser for general skin rejuvenation, but for scarring, I do prefer more powerful lasers, in combination with RF micro needling and PRP. All the best, Dr Davin Lim . Brisbane Australia. 

Should I do another fraxel restore for my nose scar or try a fraxel repair? What is that puffy wavy texture on my nose?

Hello, Fraxel Restore can take at least 6 treatment sessions spaced one month apart. The repair may work out faster for you, however, there is more downtime associated with it and I do not feel strongly that there would be a greater gain for you using the Fraxel repair. The texture on your nose appears to be from sun damage and acne scaring. You must use sun block everyday and reapply it every 2 hours or you are wasting your time. Good Luck, Dr. Downie

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon