I'm 5 foot 5, 180 lbs. Would I be an ideal candidate for BBL and lipo? (Photo)

I'm 5'5 180 would I be an ideal candidate for a bbl

I'm 5 foot 5, 180 lbs. Would I be an ideal candidate for BBL and lipo?

I think that you are a very good candidate for the procedure.  I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.

Who is a Candidate for a Mommy Makeover

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.   #Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time. Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

BBL ideal candidate

We would need a full exam of course, but if you have fat available in your hips and lower back, it could then be transferred to your buttocks. This sculpting of the body through liposuction and fat grafting can result in a dramatic enhancement of feminine curves.

That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.

A key quality indicator is Board Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Ideal candidate for BBL and liposuction

Thank you for your question. It is hard to say with that photo. 
A practical way of defining an ideal patient would be a healthy patient with the necessary amount of fat needed to achieve the desired result.  Remember that liposuction treats excess fat and does not treat excess skin. Therefore some patients may need additional procedures like a tummy tuck.
A physical examination or more photos would help greatly in assessing your case.
Best of luck.

Miguel Mota, MD

Candidate for BBL procedure

The best way to know if you are a good candidate for a BBL procedure is to visit with a few experienced plastic surgeons for an examination in person. If you have good skin tone and sufficient donor fat, then you would likely be a good candidate.

William Bruno, MD