Fleur de lis vs standard TT?

My surgeon suggest fleur de lis over standard and states given under the skin I have a hourglass foundation that she can more easily bring to the surface with the up/down side to side tightening that is better able to be done with FDL TT over a standard TT. With my desire to unleash my hourglass notwithstanding & clearly a In person is ideal but given that is not possible, going solely by the picture presented if I was your client which procedure would you propose for the best overall outcome.

Tummy tuck question

As you've seen by the answers given here opinions vary with regards to your question. Given your pictures and the limitation of not being able to do an exam I think that a fleur-de-lis or vertical abdominoplasty would suit you quite well. The trade-off is a vertical scar for additional tightening of the skin located above the umbilicus. Review this with your surgeon again. I think that after weighing the positives and negatives of a standard versus a vertical abdominoplasty the decision will become clearer.  Good luck.

Fleur de lis vs standard abdominoplasty

Most patients get significant improvement with a standard tummy tuck.  If patients have a vertical scar, then I would consider recommending a fleur de lis for maximum contouring.   Disadvantages of the fleur de lis include possibly a wide vertical scar, keloid, skin necrosis at the "T" and umbilical distortion.  One has to weigh the risk, benefits and limitations.

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and weist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Fleur-de-lis versus standard tummy tuck

The fleur-de-lis tummy tuck would not only give you improvement in the vertical and horizontal planes, but would also remove many (if not all) of the stretch marks I see in your photos located above your belly button.  If you're willing to accept a vertical scar, I think your result from the fleur-de-lis would be significantly better than with a standard tummy tuck.

Fleur de lis vs standart TT

This is a question that comes up often in patients after massive weight loss.  The excess skin is in the horizontal dimension in the lower abdomen, and in the vertical dimension in the upper abdomen.  There is no real way to address the vertical laxity and shape the waist line without adding the vertical scar; however, the patient has to be accepting of adding a large scar to essentially look better in clothing.  I have found this to be a matter of personal preference.  

Brian A. Pinsky, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Fleur de lis vs standard TT?

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture FDL will tighten your skin better , but it leaves vertical scar. If you are not bothered by that scar FDL is better.

Fleur de lis vs standard TT?

You will have to decide whether the vertical scar is worth the improvement in smoothness and contour.

Abdominoplasty technique

This is the kind of question you ask 3 plastic surgeons and get 5 opinions. Basically the Fleur-de-lis will get you the best contour but at the expense of a midline "up and down " incision which is hard to hide. On the other hand a traditional abdominoplasty transverse incision will give you good to great contour and incision will be hidden below the underwear line with slight if any loss of contour.

Honestly I fall on the side of traditional abdominoplasty NOT Fluer-de-lis for your particular case.

Fleur de lis?

It is a discussion that you have to have in person after a full exam. I have written papers on the subject and published an  article on the technique.  It is a trade off of contour for incisions.  Good luck.

Fleur de lis vs LTA

Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a lateral tension abdominoplasty tummy tuck. There's some patients that are good candidates for a fleur de lis but I think with you that additional scar will not be necessary. Of course you would need to have a consultation for precise recommendations.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS