Fixing horizontal line on tip of nose, and misaligned septum? (Photos)

I have a horizontal line down the front of my nose, off-center, that has bothered me for some time. I'm not sure it's bifid tip, as it's not pronounced and the tip of my nose doesn't appear 'hard' to the touch, but I can definitely feel the gap. I am often self-conscious about it. In general I feel my nose is too big for my face, and with an off-center septum. Is this something a surgical procedure could address? I've attached some photos of my nose. Somewhat subtle as you can see.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. This is likely the split in your lower lateral cartilage.  This can be fixed.   Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Horizontal Line On the nose

The horizontal appearances because of the nasal hump stopping at that point causing or depression.  Once the nasal hump is reduced in size the horizontal line would become less always.  This will also make your nose appear small.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lines on nose

The line you are seeing( If I am sure what you are referring to) are lines seen highlighted by a light reflex from a camera.  Issues with your nose can be addressed in person.