How can I fix the lower half of my face? (Photo)

I hate how my nose and chin look. I believe that a chin implant and rhinoplasty would be effective; however, my only concern is my long face. Will the chin implant make this worse? I'm in my late 20s and am finishing grad school, so I am able to do anything to fix my face.

How can you fix the lower half of your face?

Without an exam your question cannot be answered.  You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

Nose and Chin

If you have a long face and need chin augmentation, a sliding genioplasty would be preferred over an implant. Unlike an implant a sliding genioplasty can vertically shorten the lower face unlike an implant which can inadvertently lengthen it. Side view pictures would be needed to provide a more qualified answer for your case.

How can I fix the lower half of the face?

Full set of facial photographs our required to  determine being a candidate for two surgical procedures such as a rhinoplasty and a chin implant. Both both procedures can be performed some simultaneously. For more  information many examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below to our rhinoplasty/ chin implant photo gallery. 

I believe that a chin implant and rhinoplasty would be effective; however, my only concern is my long face.

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  From the photos, your cheeks are very flat in the front, the chin is weak and the nasal tip is a bit wide.  These combine to create an elongated, oval shaped face.  

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  This will have the greatest impact on eliminating the elongated face.

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

The back portion of your jaw line is a bit weak and can be augmented, without making your face appear masculine, using precise placement of a dermal filler (I prefer using Restylane Lyft).  Finally, a Closed Rhinoplasty can refine the nasal tip but would have the "least" aesthetic impact on shortening the elongated face.

Hope this helps.