What happens to fillers used for the cheeks and midface as they dissolve?

I'd either like midface augmentation of fillers to soften a flat midface and diminish nasolabial folds that age me. Voluma, Radiesse, Dysport etc.--which is the best for creating a youthful midface and what happens to the fillers over time? What are the risks (e.g., infection, scar tissue that causes existing skin to droop?) #fillers #side effects #midface augmentation #fillers v implants

Filler for midface

Hello, and thanks for your question. Without a photo it's difficult to recommend a specific treatment plan, so I recommend an in-person consult with an expert. Heavier hyaluronic acid fillers are best for the mid face in my opinion. These fillers are slowly broken down by enzymes in the skin. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for mid-Face

The best filler for the mid-face is Voluma.  It has a beautiful spongy quality and makes a natural lift to that area.  Since it is hyaluronic acid based it simply dissolves over time.  I would stay away from a permanent filler since there is a higher risk of problems.  Please see an experienced dermatologist for these cosmetic injections.  Best, Dr. Green