Which filler should I get: Voluma or Radiesse? (Photo)

I have been thinking about getting some fillers in order to get a wider face. I went for a consultation and the dr told me the best filler for my case to get an immediate results is Radiesss. However, now im worried about which better to get done to get natural and beautiful results that suits my face. Should i do Vlouma fillers on my cheeks only or should i go with radiess in the lower face only? Please help me with the best choice that suits my face features

Voluma or Radiesse

Voluma is specifically designed to restore volume and plumpness to the cheeks and mid-face while Radiesse is best for the chin/jawline. My best advice would be for you to get a second opinion form another board certified plastic surgeon in your area who can assess you in person. The right choice is really going to depend on your facial structure and desired outcome. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar 

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Which filler should I get: Voluma or Radiesse?

Many expert aesthetic physicians prefer Voluma® for the cheeks and Radiesse® for more bony areas all over the face, such as nose/jawline/chin.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Voluma

Thank you for your question in regards to Voluma. Voluma is used specifically to restore volume and fullness, while giving a more youthful and smoother appearance. It is injected into the deeper tissues of the mid-face and cheeks. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Which filler: Voluma or Radiesse

Both are excellent deep fillers, e.g. for cheeks & cheekbones, and jaw definition. I prefer Juvederm Voluma mainly because there is an antidote (hyaluronidase) such that if you weren't happy with the results, you could dissolve some or all of the filler. For optimal results, go to a highly skilled & trained injector such as a dermatologist ; this is more important than choosing the filler.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma or Radiesse?

Thank you for your question and for providing a photo. Voluma is a treatment designed specifically to treat the mid-face area by adding volume. If you were my patient I would choose Voluma. I have been personally impressed the longevity and consistency. Additionally, Voluma will provide immediate results.

Voluma or Radiesse?

The photos show an individual who would likely gain more benefit from adding volume to the upper face. For this purpose, I prefer Voluma which is FDA approved for volumizing the cheeks.  I don't see evidence of deeper nasoloabial folds, an indication for which I typically use Radiesse.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

In my opinion Voluma is the filler for you, and there is nothing that Radiesse has to offer over it. I discuss many of the unique properties of Voluma in my video, where a young woman with a presentation similar to yours undergo cheek augmentation with Voluma with very pleasing results.

Best wishes!  Harry V. Wright MD, Sarasota, Florida

Harry V. Wright, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma is my filler of choice in my hands

Voluma has been FDA approved for the cheeks and around the eyes.  It also has the benefit of being a hyaluronic acid that can be dissolved, if you do not like the results, using hyaluronidase.  .Because of this property I use hyaluronic acid projects in the lower face too.  All hyaluronic acid products offer immediate results.

Good luck.

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma vs Radiesse

Without question Voluma is my favorite facial filler that I use in this area. It provides a beautiful instant lift without the lumpiness that Radiesse can give.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Voluma or Radiesse

I believe you are a candidate for Voluma or Radiesse injection to the midface (cheeks). In my practice, I prefer Voluma for its long lasting, smooth and natural appearing results. Radiesse works as well but it is a not a hyaluronic based filler and so it cannot be reversed. I also find that it does not last as long as Voluma. You do have some volume loss in the anteromedial midface. I wouldn't use much on you as you are already starting with good building blocks based on your photos.