Female w/ an uneven hair transplant yield at 5 months post op - should I expect more to come? (Photo)

Hi. I know hair continues to grow up to 12-18 months post op but when I look closely at the areas with sparse growth, there isn't even anything coming through the skin or a visible tiny hair at the surface. One side thick, other side not so thick. Doctor says wait. But I haven't seen a new hair sprout in ages! Advice? Will more likely begin breaking the surface? Thank you! Pls see my hair line below:

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.  If the doctor says "wait" then that would be a reasonable recommendation at 5 months.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

5 month results uneven

At 5 months, all of the hair has probably not grown in so your doctor is correct in telling you to wait at least another 3 months

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Uneven growth at 5 months post-TP

mn1979,It is too early to surmise anything yet. As you know, it takes time for a hair transplant to grow out. Would recommend that you follow up with your chosen surgeon. He needs to follow up your progress. It at the appropriate time 12 months or longer there is still a lag, then work up might be necessary.
Bernardino Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Female Hairline

Sorry your picture is not very clear but don't worry you will see more hair growing out in the future months.  Also the density looks quite okay for a 5 months post-OP.
But end result regarding the density of the hair really depends on your demand.  Sometimes female hairline do need second surgery for thicker density.

Alan Liu, MD
Taiwan Hair Restoration Surgeon