I did a fat transfer in my butt and one cheek is bigger than the other.

Where can I go get this fixed? And can it be fixed?

Doctor Answers 4

Asymmetry with Brazilian Butt Lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi Holly, 

We are all a little asymmetrical to begin with, but without assessment I am unable to judge how significant the difference is and if that difference was present prior to surgery. Depending on when your surgery was done, you may still be in the healing phase and it may become more symmetrical with your final result. The asymmetry may be corrected with additional transfer of fat. My suggestion is to see the surgeon who performed the initial procedure, as you may require a revision. 

Hope this helps. 

Javad Sajan, MD

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

Butt asymmetry after fat transfer

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi Holly,

Thank you for your question. Slight asymmetry is not uncommon. Not sure how long it has been since your procedure but I will say wait until your are done healing then if the asymmetry is bothersome you can have  more fat transfer to make it even. 

All the best,

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

Board-certified plastic surgeon

Carlos Mata, MD, MBA, FACS
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

Buttock augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Everyone has a baseline asymmetry and so if you still have issues after a BBL, then you might need a revision.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

BBL Issues

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Holly.    Hard to answer without photos and more info. If your surgery was within 6 months, then you need to wait and allow complete healing and fat take to occur. However, it is not uncommon to see asymmetry after large volume fat transfer, especially to the butt, because the amount of fat that survives can be variable. Revision options include adding more fat to the smaller side, or removing fat via liposuction from the larger side. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.