Can I take fat from my stomach and use it to have more rounded hips and look natural?

Looking For That Hour Glass Shape?

Thanks for submitting your question! Without seeing photos, it is hard to say what results you specifically should expect. In general, removing fat from the tummy either through liposuction and/or tummy tuck with a transfer to the hips will provide that nice hour glass shape that most women dream of. I would recommend an in person examination to help decide if this is the best option for you. Good luck!

Fat Grafting

Saffyia,    The short answer is Yes! However, there must be ample fat in your stomach, back and/or legs to transfer. Physical exam/photos would help answer your question. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

BBL

Yes, you can certainly take fat from the abdomen and place it into your buttocks or hips.  Best of luck.

Fat grafting

Hello and thank you for your question. If you are an appropriate candidate, then yes, this can be done in the right patient.  An in-person consultation would provide the best advice for you.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD