Do I have fat necrosis, any treatments? (Photos)

Im about 3 and a half months post op, I was healing great until about a month ago I noticed a very hard lump on my right buttcheek.. Now its starting to protrude and it noticeable and my right cheek is bigger than my left and is like hard again. It seems like my right cheek has gotten bigger and harder instead of smaller and softer Im from Ny and my doctor is in miami and doesnt even work at that clinic anymore so its not that easy for me to just consult a doctor..Any advice

Doctor Answers 4

#BBL #liposuction #brazilianbuttlift

Hello BBL McAdoo,  thank you for your excellent question. I highly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and formulate a surgical plan that is tailored specifically to your health and needs. When setting up an in-person consult with a plastic surgeon look for someone who has at least one of these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol  *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle.    Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS   CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 58 reviews

Fat Necrosis?

I assume that you had undergone a BBL with fat transfer and not injected with anything else. Although difficult to know for sure, it does look and sound from the history to be fat necrosis. It also may be a cyst which is may contain fluid like substances. Fat necrosis represents fat cells that have not gotten a blood supply and died off with hardening due to 'calcification'. Usually, this will go down with time and gentle massage may speed it up. Either way, try to contact your doctor presuming that you have his name and he is still practicing or see a qualified plastic surgeon and good luck.

Christopher T. Chia, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

Fat necrosis?

You may have fat necrosis. You should contact your doctor about treatment and follow-up or find someone locally.  Good luck.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

You need a physical exam - Do I have fat necrosis, any treatments? (Photos)

Based on your photos, it's tough to say what that lump may be. Even at 3 months, you've still got some healing to do. My advice would be to contact the clinic that you had your surgery through. There should be something in place for aftercare, even though your surgeon is not at the practice anymore.If you are able, I recommend seeking a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery in your area for a physical exam and direction.Good luck!

Reza Rod, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.