Do I have fat necrosis? (Photo)

I had a fat transfer to my hips 4wks ago. Healing was going well, up until a week ago the swelling on my left hip didn't go down like my right hip. As a matter of fact if has gotten harder. My doctor told me to keep massaging the area. I listened, but now it hurts so bad I can barely touch if let alone massage it. I also noticed today that it turned red. It hurts more now than when I got it done. Is this fat necrosis? Is it to soon to tell? Should I be worried?

Fat necrosis?

It may be fat necrosis, or you may be developing an infection. Best to follow closely with your surgeon. Good luck.

Fat Transfer

The swelling and redness might be an infection.See your surgeon ASAP for examination and proper treatment