Fat injection in tear trough - what risk factors should I be aware of?

A respected surgeon recommended autologus fat injection to my tear troughs to correct sunken lower eyelids. He suggested 1cc altogether for both sides injected deep into muscle, close to the orbital bone. Fat survival would be 70-80%. He says the procedure is simple and requires very little downtime. According to him, HA fillers is not ideal as it would show under the thin skin. I have had two previous noninvasive radiofrequency procedures and one ultrasound procedure to remove eye bags.

Fat injections

Hi there, I respectfully disagree. Voluma the filler that lasts up to 2 years may be a great option for this. Most of my clients go right back to their day after the HA procedure and the results are immediate. For full correction people get 1-4 syringes of Voluma. HA fillers when done correctly do not show under the skin. Seek a consultation from an expert for more.

Columbus Physician