Will facial veins return if not completely erased?

I have had 4 nd yag treatments for facial veins. I have a few stubborn veins left in my nose and chin that have faded but are still visible. My question is this, if the veins aren't completely erased, will they return in time?

Recurrence of facial veins

We use a combination of pulsed dye laser, IPL, and sclerotherapy for facial veins. However, they often return if the underlying cause is not addressed. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles vein expert

Stubborn facial veins

Wait 2-3 months before additional laser treatments. Treating stubborn facial veins may require multiple treatments at a more conservative setting to avoid skin discoloration and/or pitting. Larger veins tend to be more resistant to treatment and are more likely to recur.  

James Silberzweig, MD
New York Radiologist

Facial veins

Facial vein treatment does require several sessions and some veins may not go away initially.  If you have had 4 treatments then I would wait 3 months to see if there is any resolution.  If the vein persists then another type of treatment may be necessary. Facial veins can recur in time and there is no way to predict whether or not this will occur.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon