Facelift vs facial lipo vs injection vs surgery for men ?

What's the best safe method for men to lose double chin and slight thick cheeks to create a more sharper jawline look? At same time to reduce nabia folds since my face looks slightly droopy or sad even thou I'm not

There Are Many Safe Treatment Options

There are a few ways to improve the double chin and obtain a sharper jawline. All are safe if performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon. The nonsurgical options include CoolSculpting and KYBELLE. CoolSculpting will freeze the fat, and your body absorbs it over time. KYBELLA is a series of injections that will dissolve the fat. Both will probably leave you with excess skin and will not directly address the jawline. Liposuction is slightly more invasive but will provide you with a better result. It will physically remove the fat and help the skin to tighten over time. This should improve your jawline. The best way to address the concerns are with either a neck lift or a facelift with liposuction of the submental and jawline region. This will remove the fat and will remove the excess skin. Muscles are tightened, as well. This will provide you with the most dramatic improvement but will have the longest downtime. They are all safe provided that they are performed by a qualified plastic surgeon. Good luck with your choice.

Male Facelift

Hello and thank you for your question.
To create a sharper jawline, a facelift is usually the best option. A “double chin” is usually best addressed by neck liposuction and the “neck lift” part of the facelift to remove excess skin.
Most facelifts will not get rid of the nasolabial folds but may indirectly soften them. I usually recommend that patients get the facelift first and then augment the remaining folds with autologous fat or other soft tissue fillers.
I recommend seeking out a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon.

R. James Koch, MD
Danville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift vs facial lipo vs injection vs surgery for men?

It depends. If the double chin is mostly volume (fat) vs loose skin, then there are several options - Coolsculpting (nonsurgical fat reduction using cold therapy), Kybella, injection that helps reduce focal fat under the chin), liposuction (suctioning the fat under the chin), and surgical neck lift. If there is not a lot of loose saggy skin then a neck lift may not be necessary. However, if there is loose skin, depending on how loose the skin is some of these nonsurgical techniques may result in some tightening as the tissue heals. However, if there is a moderate – severe amount of loose skin then a neck lift procedure will afford the most skin tightening and sharpening of the jaw line as the excess skin is removed.

Male facelift

It really depends on your anatomy.  The facelift in a male patient is a bit different with regard to incision placement, amount of liposuction.   Men typically have skin that is a bit thicker and there are considerations that are related to the hair bearing skin that need to be taken into consideration.   The nasloabial folds are typically not addressed well in either a male or female.  However, without pictures and an examining your anatomy it is difficult to make a formal recommendation.  Good luck with your research .

Edwin F. Williams, III, MD
Latham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial rejuvenation for men

Facelift are great for men!  To enhance the jawline, Kypella and facial implants can also be used.  I could give you a better answer during a consultation.

Hello Oslo2,

Without a photo it is difficult to make any specific comments.  There are surgical and non surgical options for facial rejuvenation  For the nasolabial/melolabial fold then fillers can help.  For a droopy drown then surgery is the most useful.  For submental fat either liposuction or Kybella can be good options.

I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to discuss your options in person.  I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

You will need to be evaluated by an experienced facelift surgeon. Without seeing photos it is impossible to make suggestions to you. Surgery and fillers play different roles in improving facial appearance. Discuss these options with your surgeon. Good luck.

Warren J. Katz, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question.  Without photos it is not possible to give you an answer.  To decrease your nasolabial folds, you would use a soft tissue filler such as Juvéderm.  Your best option is to seek an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck!

John Ward, MD (retired)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Want to reduce my double chin and sharpen my jawline

It is difficult to give meaningful guidance without photographs. In general: the approach to facial rejuvenation is quite complex, as there are surgical as well as non-surgical options ... and among non-surgical options, invasive and non-invasive approaches. All of these techniques have their place and when used in the right patient lead to good results and happy patients. If your primary concern is neck then a neck-lift with liposuction may help achieve your goals .. nasolabial folds and full cheeks require different treatment. This 'matching' process of patient to technique/approach is very detailed and nuanced and requires discussion and physical exam. I would suggest a formal consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon so your specific concerns can be gone over in detail, a physical exam be performed, and individualized recommendations be made. Good luck!

Facelifting in men.

In my opinion, to be speculating on the correct intervention for you to is only going to confuse you. The only way to tell what intervention you need is at the very least with a set of photos showing your concerns. Even better would be an in-person examination. Without photos, all of us here are guessing and throwing out multiple potential solutions which have pros and cons to each. In the end, so many options are just going to muddy the waters and make it confusing for you to get some real recommendations.
So, I would advise getting someone else to take a front on, quarter view, and side view of your face and resubmitting. If not, visiting a board certified plastic surgeon would be best.
If you do opt for fillers, be careful who performs these. It is very easy to feminize a masculine face by adding filler in the wrong place is.Best of luck!
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon